“Many of us crucify ourselves between two thieves - regret for the past and fear of the future.” ~ Fulton Oursle

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Wind Your Victrolas




“Positive thinking works only if,
like bathing, it is practiced daily.”




This is the exact kind of thing many of us need to keep in mind. I really do love getting on my positive kicks in life, but I have found that over the years, they really do seem to dissipate just as quickly as they came. I have received the criticism lately that positive thinking is great and all, but it will not be consistent and can’t be kept up with. I happen to agree with the concept that it can’t always naturally just be there. A good observation and I do appreciate the criticism I receive and take it all into consideration and under thought. Hence the quote referenced above- “Positive thinking works only if, like bathing, is practiced daily.”


If I do not take a few moments every few days to sit and reflect, I start to lose the steam. I have come to realize that it is a daily practice. It is difficult to find the time some days- as we all seem so busy. Being positive is just like anything else in life. If we want it- we have to work for it. It’s like going to the gym and working out once or twice, and not getting the results we wanted. And then we say oh yea I tried that didn’t really work….(cause you didn’t really work at it). To have a fit body you have to work out regularly, just as if you want a positive outlook, you have to work on that regularly as well.


In the old days, if you wanted to enjoy a tune of music, you had to wind up the old victrola. It lasted a while and played a few tunes, but then it needed to be would up again for the next round. The same applies for a positive attitude. Maintenance is the key.


Hope everyone has a wonderful day filled with positve enegy and great amounts of productivity! Make each moment count and be thankful for every minute!
 

No comments: