“Many of us crucify ourselves between two thieves - regret for the past and fear of the future.” ~ Fulton Oursle

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Great Thoughts


Every thought is a seed. If you plant crab apples, don't count on harvesting Golden Delicious. ~Bill Meyer

Thoughts are investments- if you invest low quality thoughts, what results are low quality results. Each moment of every waking hour, we invest thoughts into our minds- but what kind of thoughts are we spending our time with? The thoughts are there- but it is up to each individual to choose the kind of quality of thoughts one is having. Monitoring what kind of thoughts you spend most of your time with is a habit. The low quality thoughts will almost always creep in if you are still living and breathing. It is doubtful that they will ever be rendered obsolete complexly. However, you can assign in your own mind, a thought monitor of sorts- like a giant intimidating bouncer at a night club, who at first sight of unruly riff raff makes them leave the property at once. The point is that I believe that mind is a great one, I might as well believe that because it is mine, I am stuck with it- and if I don’t believe in its greatness and capabilities, who else will?

The more negative thoughts have no room to grow and replicate, the more thoughts of greatness have room to breathe and expand. It is always the choice of the individual. We cannot control what happens in our environments much of the time, but we can choose how we respond to it. It is always my greatest reminder, when a bad mood strikes, that is my choice to revel in it or send it packing. Some days it seems impossible, and on occasion it is ok to give in, because after all we are only human. I’ve been known to hide out in my bed with my fuzzy blankie over my head for a few hours- but its far less than it ever used to be, and to me- that is quite a success. Less time shutting the world out and more time doing what I like to do- like dancing, dabbling in art and just exisiting on a higher level of consciousness. The choice is yours.
Hope Everyone has a successful, flourishing and productive day.




No comments: