“Many of us crucify ourselves between two thieves - regret for the past and fear of the future.” ~ Fulton Oursle

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Advancing In Perspective




 

Happiness does not depend on outward things, but on the way we see them.- Leo Tolstoy


 

Life is generally nothing more than how we see it- our perspective on things. This determines the emotional mindset of every individual that has ever drawn breath. It is also my favorite super power to play on, aside from my magnificent dancing which sort of resembles DeeDee from the cartoon Dexter’s Laboratory. My advances in my “creative thinking” have come a long way over the years, thus causing an increase in my happiness’s.

 

I was having an interesting morning the other day, that of which a few years back I would have instantly dubbed it a terrible morning. But it was the perspective I chose that made it just the opposite. It was the kind of morning where time was not on my side. I spent much of it inside of my closet giving every article of clothing I owned the brow for not being something magnificent I wanted or Pintrest worthy.  “What the hell is all this crap and where did all the good outfits go? These outfits all suck..”. Ok- checkpoint one on pre-coffee brain- I am lucky to have these clothes, and I know it. There would be tons of people in line to have my “subpar” outfits any day of the week. Pick something and go!

 

After finally getting it together, I leave the house, pull out of the garage and then try to close my garage door…which isn’t working. I give another round of the brow, And then checkpoint two -come to the realization that I am extremely lucky to own a home and have a garage door…which may or may  not work. If you own a home, things go wrong from time to time. If you have the privilege to own anything, they will break or need repair. And I feel privileged to have the opportunity.  

After manually closing my garage door, I go out the front door to leave once and for all, when I run face first into a spider web, fully equipped with a friendly spider that is now in my face. This- will wake you up faster than any cup of coffee- I guarantee it. After an awkward series of gestures, I wipe Mr. Friendly spider and said web off of me and giggle- another wonderful day to enjoy silly encounters such as spider web in the face. Good Morning- I am lucky to be alive. Many would give anything for another day, regardless of the circumstances or how it started. Embrace life with an attitude of joy and happiness. It is not necessarily about what is going on, but just your perspective.
 
 

No comments: