I consider myself an open minded skeptic. I love to hear different ideas and philosophy about life. I am not a religious person, but I do believe there is something out there bigger than we are. Whether it is some supreme being or just a matter of complex physics, it’s still pretty neat all in all. Personally, I have a distinct affinity for the idea of reincarnation and a life after this one. It’s an age old theory, and I don’t mind if others snicker at the notion. We live in a world of current Christian beliefs for the most part. It wasn’t always that way and will most likely not remain as such. Not sure what the purpose is, or where the soul goes when we die (if we have one, I like to believe that we do). I have always loved reading about religion and theology and great discussion regarding it all. Topics such as this have always fascinated me.
|More Than Words Cardigan Clip|
Just recently, I received an order from my Etsy Shop online, AmbivalentRelics. It was for a cardigan clip I had made with the vague writings of Edgar Allan Poe in the framed cabochons. As I was packing up my item, I noticed the shipping addressee was to a Barb Mallon “Psychic Medium”. This of course caught my attention right away. I am usually not one to start a conversation, but I sent Barb a convo on Etsy asking if this is what she did for a living. She replied and indeed this is what she does. She went on to tell me that she loved my jewelry, in particular this Oracle Necklace I had designed with some steampunk pieces and other divination symbols. She told me to let her know if I ever wanted to barter services one day. I thought this was a wonderful idea-the necklace for a psychic medium reading.
I had never had any type reading or encounter with anyone of this nature. I had seen shows such as Crossing Over, with John Edwards, or talk shows with James Van Prag and always wondered if anything like that were actually true, or these people in the audience were just gullible or even crazy. So again my inquisitive nature decided to go on with it all. It would be fun, even if it were just to entertain myself. Worse case scenario I just loose a jewelry piece- right? So we set it up, I sent the Oracle piece out in the mail, and set up a telephone appointment for early January. I was excited, but didn’t have much of an expectation.
And so it was, Barb got her piece in the mail and a few days later the night of my reading rolled around. I answered my phone and it was Barb. She began with a cleansing meditation/prayer to request only positive energies and spirits, and then began my session. Here are some of the high points she made to me. Keep in mind, during a reading, you are not supposed to say much, just yes or no or I am not sure. You are not supposed to volunteer any information, which I did not.
- · Indicated that there was more than one of me
- · Very vocal woman from the 1940s or 1950s
- · This person was from a large family of 5 or 7
- · This person did a lot of needle work, needle and thread craft work
- · Old Recipes in a dusty box
- · Mention of migraine headaches, and that they were circulatory issues and nothing more
- · Reference to Count Your Blessings-things are not as bad as they seem
- · Referred to seeing my work on display such as art and winning blue ribbons.
- · Reference to an older man who died of heart disease or coronary
- · Name of Alfred, Albert or Arnold
- · Had a belly, blood pressure and was a drinker
- · Carried a pocket watch
- · Saw the man tapping on the pocket watch saying to “stop dragging your feet” and that I was not doing what I said I would do after the holidays
- · Indicated that there was a lot of clutter around me and that 8 pm was a good time for me
- · Said to watch the high blood pressure in the family and that someone took medicine under the tongue
- · Said to write down what I want in a person and to make a list
- · To organize and declutter to move blocked energy to make it more tangible
- · That was a good problem solver, and always putting out fires
- · Mention of the name Edgar Allan Poe, a very close presence
- · Encouragement to do more Victorian, macabre and decadent pieces, possibly with polymer and more Poe items
During the reading I took good notes. Some things didn’t make sense to me at first. But I had a good feeling that some of it was meant for my good friend, whose mother when she was young. We had joked before my reading that her mother would come though, loud and domineering. Little did we know…let me give you a breakdown of the first part of my reading after calling my friend:
- · Indicated that there was more than one us (my good friend and I share the same name)
- · Very vocal woman from the 1940s or 1950s (her mother was born in the late 1940s)
- · This person was from a large family of 5 or 7 (family of 7 children- two died)
- · This person did a lot of needle work, needle and thread craft work (avid cross stitcher)
- · Old Recipes in a dusty box (my friend took out her mother’s old recipes from a box three weeks prior)
- · Mention of migraine headaches, and tingling and that they were circulatory issues and nothing more (my friend had had severe migraines weeks prior, including the day of the reading)
- · Reference to Count Your Blessings-things are not as bad as they seem (This was a hymnal her mother sang to her when things were gloomy)
- · Referred to seeing my work on display such as art and winning blue ribbons (Just recently placed my work for sale at an art gallery a few weeks before the reading!)
- · Reference to an older man who died of heart disease or coronary (my grandfather on my fathers side)
- · Name of Alfred, Albert or Arnold (his name was Arnold)
- · Had a belly, blood pressure and was a drinker (true true and true- ok creepy)
- · Carried a pocket watch (true- wow weird)
- · Saw the man tapping on the pocket watch saying to “stop dragging your feet” and that I was not doing what I said I would do after the holidays (gave myself a timeline for grieving a recent end of a relationship, and was dragging my feet on getting over that)
- · Indicated that there was a lot of clutter around me and that 8 pm was a good time for me (recently moved, and was amidst a lot of clutter, and 8 pm is usually when I do my artsy work)
- · Said to watch the high blood pressure in the family and that someone took medicine under the tongue (after talking to my mother, she said she had not been taking her high blood pressure meds- but was sure to be doing it now with that reference! I also take colloidal silver under my tongue)
- · Said to write down what I want in a person and to make a list (I had just recently done so-and my what a long list, does this person exist?)
- · To organize and declutter to move blocked energy to make it more tangible (I am now on it!)
- · That was a good problem solver, and always putting out fires (true….sigh)
- · Mention of the name Edgar Allan Poe, a very close presence (the name of my snowshoe Siamese Cat, who was on my lap, lol)
- · Encouragement to do more Victorian, macabre and decadent pieces, possibly with polymer and more Poe items (I had already bought the polymer clay and had made some Victorian pieces not yet listed in the shot, and a slew of Poe things in line to make)
|My Siamese Edgar Allen Poe|
So after all of that- wow- amazing. I have to say I am still stunned. I know that many times people hear what they want to hear, but these things were tid bits of my life that no one knew or only a few people knew of. There were a few other references, so very specific and personal I won’t go into here. But this was enough to convince me that not only did this woman have a gift, but that there is something after this life. I had always had a sneaking suspicion that the others looked after us from a distance, and now I feel that this is the ultimate truth. After this chance reading, I felt a type of serenity that I had never felt before. A calmness that has resonated with me ever since. I have always had a fascination with death, and yet at the same token a severe anxiety of it as well. That anxiety has left me, and I have been a different sort of girl ever since. I will always be thankful for the universe providing me with my chance meeting with Barb Mallon, and the Oracle Necklace, that was the tiniest price to pay for the overwhelming calm that this experience has brought me.
Thanks so much Barb!www.barbmallon.com