“Many of us crucify ourselves between two thieves - regret for the past and fear of the future.” ~ Fulton Oursle

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Awareness


These repetitive words and phrases are merely methods of convincing the subconscious mind. ~ Claude M. Bristol

What are we convincing our subconscious mind of? What thought’s do we allow to live in our heads, and create the realities they conceive of? Each individual has free floating thoughts in their minds at all times of consciousness. However, many of us do not monitor these thoughts.

Try to be consciously aware of the thoughts that run through your mind just for one day. What are the overall qualities of these thoughts? More often than not, the results are astoundingly negative. I have never considered myself a negative person, but upon a thought audit- I discovered that I did not like what type of thoughts entered and inhabited my mind. Once I identified the thoughts I was not fond of, I replaced them with positive thoughts. Changing one thought at a time will lead to a habit of changed thoughts, which eventually will lead to a positive way of life.   

No comments: