“Many of us crucify ourselves between two thieves - regret for the past and fear of the future.” ~ Fulton Oursle

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Wishes....

wishes.jpg


 “Everything you want should be yours; the type of work you want, the relationships you need; the social, the mental, the aesthetic stimulation that will make you happy and fulfilled; the money you will require for that lifestyle that is appropriate to you; and any requirement that you may (or may not) have for achievement or service to others. If you don’t aim for it, you will never get it all. To aim for it requires that you know what you want.”   - Richard Koch



You walk into a restaurant with a ridiculous craving for a cheese burger in mind. The restaurant is busy, so in a rush you allow the waiter to take your order. You want a cheeseburger- so that’s what you ask for. When the waiter returns with your order, to your surprise- you get a cheeseburger- but what is on your plate is not exactly what you had in mind. It’s too rare, not a double Pattie, the cheese is all wrong- Cheddar instead of Swiss. To make matters worse- they added mushrooms- gross! And sautéed onions instead of fresh onions. Oh and then they didn’t bring you mayo or mustard. Suddenly the burger you dreamed up becomes a nightmare in reality. You begin to pout inwardly. This is not what I wanted. The question therein lies- were you specific? We usually would not wander into a restaurant and just order “a cheeseburger”. They would need to know what you wanted on it, how you wanted it cooked and what you did not want on it. Did you want a whole wheat bun? No bun at all? No one ever had a clue. You never were specific. We would never just order a random burger and just late fate decide on specifics. The same applies to life.



For years I had usually gotten exactly what I asked for. If I wasn’t specific- I got a version of what I wanted, but not with the details I wanted. How could the universe not know my specifics? Then I learned to hone in on what it was I wanted- or thought I wanted. Got that too. Turns out even those requests were not specific enough. You want onions on your burger? What kind? Sauteed? Fresh? Diced? Ringed? Red, white, or yellow? I made a list of requirements- but had not thought the pros and cons of each one out.

Never want something on a whim. Know what you want. If it’s a big request- it requires big review- big pros and cons, big revisions of that list and then the big submission of the request into the universe. The phrase “be careful what you wish for” often comes to mind. I take a look at my past and my wishes and giggle. I have always been quite good at manifesting what I want in my life, but that never means perfection; always room for improvement and more to strive for. Hopefully I have all of my right orders in with the universe now. I have pondered all of my wishes long enough now, and carefully from every angle. With the large amount of work I have put into it, I do have high and positive hopes and expectations for wondrously large outcomes. Cheers to my very specific “cheeseburger”….and yours as well!
Happy Productive and Flourishing Thursday!

No comments: